Final review changes

 The creation of this short introduction to a film has been quite a journey for me, since it's been my first film and I had many problems with it. I did enjoy making this film, it was fun, and it was a whole new experience to me. I had shown my CommTech teacher the final draft of the product and he gave his pointers and I got to work. He did tell me that it was really great, and he did like it, but it just needed a few changes that would make it much better. First with the transitions towards the end where the screen went black, he said I should make it fade to black. Also, that all the little titles that popped up, they should have their own fade in and out. He went in depth with the music, how it shouldn't just pop up that it should slowly fade in throughout the whole film and especially towards the end. Another thing I overlooked was how many of the clips at the beginning still had the audio from the clip instead of just the music, so it kind of made it weird. I implemented all of these changes and adjustments and it did make a huge improvement. He understood why I needed to make the changes of group and story, but he said it didn't really make a difference. I still wish we were able to do the original story with the three of us, but I didn’t plan for that. There was one change that he asked that I didn't really like, and that was the fading in and out between each clip. The transitions just seem unnecessary since it always fades a black before going to the next scene. After all those fixes with my CommTech teacher, I decided to review all the footage, the whole film before finalizing it. It was one thing, something that caught my eye and that was that one of the ends of the clips had me speaking out of line and I quickly fixed that, and we moved on. Then I had the person who helped me film it, my other friend and he reviewed it as well so he could give his pointers. He agreed with my other teacher about all those other changes, but other than that, he said it was good to go. All these changes, all these tips that my friends and my teacher gave me really helped me become a better filmmaker. And finally, it was all set. I was ready to submit my “Masterpiece” (I hope) to the world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning of a new project

Riding solo