A review

After the big filming day to where we got the majority of the opening shot down, I quickly edited it and asked my computer science teacher to review it. He is great with computers and knows how to edit videos and he could give me tips to make the film more refined. It wasn't completely finished, but the important shots were in it and the music too. The video I showed him was a rough draft and definitely needed to be polished and getting an opinion from a third party will help me see the mistakes I would overlook. When I told him about the film and what it was about, he said to me that it was very ambitious especially for a first film. He was impressed with what my plans were and decided to take time out of his day to review and discuss my rough draft. One of the strengths he said was the music and how it fit the time period and how it was accurate on that WW2 soldiers would listen to it. I explained that I chose the song because the soldiers are wondering when they will see their loved ones again, so it has a deeper meaning. Something he noted was how the soldiers acted like in a real war with private, sergeant, and lieutenant. With each one having their own personality and an unknow side that wants to keep you watching; which my teacher like a lot.  Another strength I had was how I implemented the music and certain transitions like how the radio controlled the music and the radio man giving order. The realism and the level of detail I was able to accomplish was impressive to him. Some of the things he said I should change are the light level that I change to make it seem darker, so that it looks calmer before the storm. The special effects I put in towards the end commenting that they seemed out of place and look bad in my film. Some of the acting needed to be better stating that some clips sounded robotic and that they should be redone which works since we have another day to film. He knew the editing wasn't completely finished he did not judge to hard but gave some pointers. That instead of a straight cut I should fade in to the next scene or at least have a smoother transition. Also, pointing out the sound was off, which cause a slight overlap bunching up dialogue. This advice given helps be see the mistakes my friends and family would not have seen due to none of them having video experience. Having this teacher and having him review it with his experience helps a great amount ironing out the details. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The beginning of a new project

Riding solo