After the big filming day to where we got the majority of the opening shot down, I quickly edited it and asked my computer science teacher to review it. He is great with computers and knows how to edit videos and he could give me tips to make the film more refined. It wasn't completely finished, but the important shots were in it and the music too. The video I showed him was a rough draft and definitely needed to be polished and getting an opinion from a third party will help me see the mistakes I would overlook. When I told him about the film and what it was about, he said to me that it was very ambitious especially for a first film. He was impressed with what my plans were and decided to take time out of his day to review and discuss my rough draft. One of the strengths he said was the music and how it fit the time period and how it was accurate on that WW2 soldiers would listen to it. I explained that I chose the song because the soldiers are wondering when they will see their l...
The ending of the commercial is coming to a conclusion. I saw the final product and it looked prefect from the music, sound, and shots. Some challenges during the final touches of the commercial were the music and sound. The music was still a big problem, from the song not fitting what was needed. Many of the songs suggested by the group were out of place or did not have the beat. The songs tested we some royalty free techno, hip hop, and pop. Since I did not have an editing software I wasn't directly involved with editing. So, when they showed me a version with some music it looked great, but I suggested a song and it turned out to be better. The soundtrack I chose was called run that race from Cars 3. Doing research for that song took some time. I had to look through songs I had and songs suggested by friends and googling running songs. Another thing needed to be added to the commercial was sounds. Some of the sounds were a school bell ringing to signal the running clips. To add ...
Today was the day we finished up the filming process and got a move on. I was the camera man, and we were trying to figure out the best location to do. We were at the closest park which provided the best scenery for our video. Also, the actress we needed was with us so we could do the rest of the scenes, along with another male actor to play another role. This music video had a lot of reused scenes with running at the camera and having many two shots. I again opted to not be in the video due to the fact that I'm a terrible actor who can’t keep a straight face. I was the director and cameraman, so I was the one in charge. My job was to find the spots to film in the park and crowd control. Figuring out what camera angles to use in each scene when they needed to be changed. While filming we encountered some problems like a group of people close to our set playing soccer and they almost messed up our shot by over kicking the ball. In addition, many scenes had us laughing too much to ...
Comments
Post a Comment